To be considered for a merit scholarship in art or graphic design you must complete 2 basic steps;
- Apply through the Office of Financial Aid, indicating that you are applying for an art/design scholarship from the Department of Art and Graphic Design.
- Submit a portfolio of your work to the Chair of the Department of Art and Graphic Design:
Brett DeBoer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
• Portfolios should demonstrate uniqueness of image-making, problem-solving and creative potential through a sequence of works completed in the last 2–3 years.
• Strong portfolios will demonstrate personal vision and point of view, an awareness of composition, and command of materials, ideas, and media.
• If you are showing both still and moving images, please organize them in two groups, with still images followed by moving images.
• Portfolios should be submitted online and should include 8–10 still images (up to 5 MB each) or 1–2 video or audio clips (10 minutes total, up to 250 MB each or external media from YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud). This step could be an internet link to an online portfolio. Be sure your online portfolio contains all the necessary information detailed below.
• Portfolios should be accompanied by image details including year completed, title (if applicable) media, size, dimensions and a brief description of what you were trying to accomplish or the purpose of the work for the images and/or videos submitted.
• If collaborative projects are included, please specify your individual role in each project.
ATTENTION ADULT REENTRY STUDENTS
CALL FOR 2018–2019 OSHER REENTRY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Dear Pacific Adult Reentry Student,
This is an invitation to apply for a 2018-2019 Osher Reentry Scholarship. The scholarship is provided by a generous endowment funded by the Bernard Osher Foundation. The purpose of this endowment is to fund tuition scholarships for adult reentry students at the University of the Pacific. Reentry students are defined as those who have experienced a gap in their post-secondary education of five or more non-consecutive years.
These funds are available to qualifying students in scholarship awards ranging from $500 to $5,000 each. A committee of University faculty and staff will review the applications and award the scholarships. The application process is open to all adult reentry students at Pacific, though current ORGB and EdPro2 students will be provided priority consideration for these scholarships.
The Osher Reentry Scholarship application has been streamlined and is available online. Please note that once you begin the application you will not be able to save it and exit the site. The deadline for applying for an Osher Reentry Scholarship is May 15, 2018.
If you are an adult student (age 25+) at Pacific and have any questions about the scholarships or the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact me at (209) 932-3808 or email@example.com.
Administrative and Program Services Assistant
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211
(209) 932-3808 (Direct Line)
The Pastel Society of the West Coast is pleased to announce a $1,000.00 Art Scholarship to be awarded to a graduating high school senior, junior college student and up to a junior in a four year college or accredited art school. We are interested in those students who are interested in the further study of art. Artwork submitted must be hand drawn or painted artwork (no photography, digital or sculpture artwork accepted).
The Pastel Society of the West Coast has been in existence since 1985 and has over 400 members both nationally and internationally. We sponsor two juried exhibitions annually and our reputation for excellence is known throughout the country.
One of our goals is to encourage young artists and with this in mind we offer a $1,000.00 scholarship annually.
Please forward the attached application to any interested students so that they may prepare to submit the form with the required information of their work by the deadline which is March 31, 2019. This early date means that we can get the information back to the winner before the end of the school term with perhaps a presentation at graduation, if applicable.
Application forms may be copied, if necessary, visit our website at www.pswc.wsunder the Scholarship tab. Any further questions can be directed to our Scholarship Chairperson:
PO Box 727
Springville, CA 93265