- Write your name in each of the scripts (7) listed below.
- Do this by hand, not on the computer.
- Draw each one using approximately 1 inch tall letters.
- Take your time and try to capture the subtle nuances that characterize the personality of each script.
- Do this by carefully looking at examples of the script and then write your name calligraphically, or simply and draw the forms.
- If your name contains letters that were not in existence during the time that the script was in use you may do one of several things.
- discover and use the original root form of your name and use that instead.
- use your middle name instead
- use your last name instead
- Half Uncials
- Roman Capitals
- Caroline or Carolinian Miniscules
SECOND, Design Thinking
- Pick one of the scripts from the list above.
- Analyze it according to each of the Design Thinking criteria listed below.
- Be prepared to explain your decisions/reasoning to the rest of the class.
In other words, write a sentence or two explaining how technology influenced the script. Then do the same for the remaining 5 criteria.
- Geographic Location
- Belief System