To Print to Ricoh from your laptop do the following:
- First go to http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/ra/model/spc83/spc83en.htm
- Locate the operating system (OS) that you are using on your computer from the list that shows up. (find OS by looking under the Apple icon in the menu bar»About this Mac)
- On the following page download the appropriate PPD file that corresponds to your OS.
- Open the download packaged file.
- Booklet Printing
- Booklet Printing
- Booklet Printing Tips
- Booklet Printing, Collating, Binding
- Digital Pigment Printing
- Double-sided Printing
- Printing to Epson Inkjet Printers
TROUBLE SHOOTING PRINTING—Ricoh Printer
You are printing from the desktop computer, not your laptop
- Stay logged into the computer as you found it, do not log off when finished
You are printing from you laptop, not the desktop computer
- Download the correct Ricoh print driver for your laptop from ricoh.com
11 x 17 Paper does not print
- Place 11 x 17 paper in the manual tray not in cassette tray #2.
After sending the file to printer, select 11 x 17 paper size and manual cassette from the printers control panel screen. The printer will beep at you until you do this step.
Color is not what you expected
- Make sure placed image files are in CMYK color mode
- Make sure your file to print is also in CMYK color mode
- You have correctly matched up the type of paper you are printing to with its correct paper profile. Remember, no inkjet papers in the RICOH.
- You are printing to the correct side of the paper.
- You have loaded the paper correctly with the print side of the paper facing down in the paper tray.
When you press the PRINT button you will see the following main print dialog window. Be sure the RICOH Aficio SP C830DN printer is selected. Then press the PAGE SETUP button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
You may then get a warninng message. Disregard this and continue to the Page Set-up window. Here you make selections of paper size, orientation of the image and whether to scale the image up or down in size. If you do not see your paper size available from the list, you will need to create your own custom size by pressing the MANAGE CUSTOM SIZE button.
In the Custom Size Window, Press the plus sign in the lower left portion of the page. Then type in the correct size in the width and height boxes and title it with the same dimensions in the window showing all custom sizes currently available. Press OK to return to Page Set-Up. Confirm the the correct size is now selected and press OK to return to the main print window.
From here press the PRINTER button to make color and resolution settings. Again, you may be first presented with a warning message. Disregard it and continue. In the PRINTER Settings window there are several categories located behind the LAYOUT button.
From the Layout window check the TWO-SIDED box and if it will be bound, from which edge of the paper, the long side or the short side. You may need to also check REVERSE PAGE ORIENTATION (DIRECTION) depending on your layout.
The next two most critical choices are the settings in the COLOR MATCHING and PAPER HANDLING categories. From the COLOR MATCHING category, choose COLOR SYNC and the Ricoh Aficio driver.
From the PAPER HANDLING category, you may need to choose to print just the even or odd pages first, then reload those pages to print the back side. (See printing back to back)
Press the PRINT button to return one more time to the main PRINT window.
From the category column on the left headed by GENERAL, make final settings under each. Under SETUP, be sure to select CENTERED. Also, if you are printing on both sides of a page (for example a brochure), print the top side first, then reload paper with the same edge going in the printer first (the gripper edge) and click the “upside down man” icon to get the correct orientation of the image to line up with the front side.
Under Color Management be sure the the software (inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is controlling the color.